We moved into a larger home with little character. No custom woodwork, no artisan crafted built-ins. A lot of wall to wall carpeting and vaulted ceilings. We appreciate every square foot, but we miss the little touches our previous home had. How to make it feel home-y quickly and on a limited budget? Did you say wallpaper? Well, you are correct (I’m sure this wasn’t a big surprise to you since you are reading a wallpaper blog)!
We chose a damask pattern for its classic look: Delicate Document Damask Wallpaper in the pink and white colorway. If need be, this design would be suitable to use throughout the school age years. Classy enough that I won’t feel the need to redo it once the girls are out of elementary school. Make some minor decor changes, and it can grow up quickly. For now, though, we are enjoying the fun little girlish touches that include:
- Wal-Mart Bunk Bed.
- Antique end table (provided via Grandma).
- Pink fitted sheets from local discount store.
- Pottery Barn Kids green and white stripe balloon shades.
- Circo horse lamp (from Target).
- Pottery Barn Kids quilt.
- Whimsical print on canvas from our local Home Goods store.